Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Breakfast

I love costco muffins and was so disappointed to find out that one of those muffins has about the same number of calories as three cream-filled donuts. I love cream-filled donuts, but it's a treat to have one because they aren't very healthy and I would never dream of eating three at a time. Why make a muffin (that I eat in its entirety without giving it a second thought) that is just like eating three donuts?!

This is currently my favorite breakfast, and it is MUCH healthier.
















The Clif brand makes three bars that I've seen : the Clif Bar, the Luna Bar and the Clif kid Z-Bar. Cousin Sarah introduced me to the Luna bar, and I love it. Because I love the Luna bar, I tried the Clif bar, but I found them to not be nearly as tasty. In fact, I would recommend not trying it. I have since discovered these Z-bar treats. I'm hooked. They are smaller than the Luna bars, so they have less calories, etc., but are still full of good stuff for you and the Chocolate Brownie (as shown above) is like eating dessert for breakfast. I buy them at Target in the same section as all the other protein/energy bars.

Highly recommended.

* * *

After my visit at the dentist last week, I once again resolved to be more disciplined in flossing my teeth. I have no problem consistently brushing, but for some reason I just can't get in the habit of flossing. Every time I go to the dentist and start out with freshly-cleaned teeth, I decide "now" is the perfect time to begin flossing every day. Well, it took a week for me to even begin my resolution, and now, because I flossed this morning, my mouth has hurt all day. I know that's a bad sign and just proves that I really need to floss, but it's so hard to motivate myself when it causes such discomfort.

I read Jenny Simmons' blog (from Addison Road) and she posted some wisdom I'd like to pass along. Not sure why I didn't think of it before, it makes so much sense. I think I just always feel the need to be forthright and resolve issues while they're happening, when sometimes I just need to HALT and come back to it later. Read her post here.

jj



1 comment:

  1. Too bad you don't like Clif Bars! Maybe you haven't tried the right flavor? I personally like peanut butter chocolate :) I love that you have "brownies" for breakfast!!!

    As for flossing...I recommend the hand held flossers. I am much more likely to floss with those then if I have to yank a yard to twist around my fingers and then put it all up in my mouth. I don't know...just a thought. "Reach" makes ones with disposable heads...PLUS I normally see coupons for them!

    ReplyDelete