Thursday, January 7, 2010

Blame it on the Boogie

Just wanted to begin by noting this song by the Jackson 5 is a great way to start the workday.

So my first entry in this digital diary reminds me of all the diaries I've had in years past. I started each entry "Dear Diary" like you're supposed to, and wrote down every detail of my day for maybe a week or two and then just quit. I never finished a complete book with this moment by moment detail (even the special one I got when I was 12 with the lock on it is only half full).

Not to worry, my digital diary won't be like that. I won't stop after a week and I promise not to give you every detail of my life. I'll share pictures, thoughts and convictions, and probably highlight some of my favorite products because I love talking about great finds.

* * *

To start my blog I thought I'd share how I start and end my day everyday because it is the same everyday. My cat is hungry. Now I can empathize because I love eating too, but each morning she sits on my hair and licks my face and hair until I wake up and feed her (with me trying to push her away and stall as long as possible, of course). Each night she follows me around the house beginning around 9pm until I feed her around 11. (I'm working on moving my bedtime up to a more reasonable hour so I can get up earlier, which I'm sure will make her happier too.) Now what makes this all noteworthy is the food ball we started using.

I don't know if it's helped her lose any weight, but it takes her longer to eat her food (which I think is a good thing) and she seems to enjoy playing with it and rolling it around until the food comes out. The one downside: I have to crawl around on the floor in the dark every morning (because Dave is still sleeping and Adi doesn't even attempt to wake him up to feed her) trying to find the ball which inevitably ends up in some small corner or under the bed. This is a bit of an inconvenience, but overall I recommend the food ball - and the good news...it's only $5 + s&h at amazon.com!

Adilyn during one of her sweeter moments: :)

* * *

I promise not to always write about Adi. I will not be a "cat lady". But look at her snuggling on my lap - how can I not love her and mention her just every once in awhile?

* * *
I need to get to work, but I'll end with something meaningful:
In our small group we are currently reading the beginning of James 4. This has been my conviction the past few weeks:

James 4:5-8 "Or do you suppose it is to no purpose that the Scripture says, "He yearns jealously over the spirit that he has made to dwell in us"? But he gives more grace. Therefore it says, "God opposes the proud, but gives grace to the humble." Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil, and he will flee from you. Draw near to God, and he will draw near to you. Cleanse your hands, you sinners, and purify your hearts, you double-minded."

I need to give Him time - I keep trying to multi-task during my "quiet time" (which makes it not very quiet) and I'm not going to grow closer to Him if I don't get myself away from everything else and just be with Him. He gives more grace. I need that. Submit myself and resist the devil. Draw near to God and He will draw near to me. Today, I'm thankful for that promise.

jj

No comments:

Post a Comment