Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Cupcakes, Bracelets and Jazz


Cupcakes

Cupakes are my new favorite thing to bake for the following reasons:

1) I started using a cookie scoop to put the batter in the little cups. This has really revolutionized the process for me, making them so easy to prepare with very little mess.

2) They are delicious.

3) They are pre-portioned (as long as I don't eat two (or three) of them...).

I made Rachelle Beaty's pumpkin cake recipe (the yummiest!) into cupcakes big and small.




It's not the angle of the photo - the minis are in the back and the normal size are the front row.




I LOVE cream cheese frosting :)



Bracelets

This was the back cover of an office supply catalog we received at work today.


Now isn't that creative - the handle doubles as a bracelet! Just in case you are carrying your clutch and suddenly realize you left the house without jewelry, you can just take the strap off and wrap it around your wrist! You will never be bracelet-less again!

The bracelet picture doesn't show the gigantic clasps that attach the handle to the purse, but never mind that. I'm sure it looks very delicate on the wrist - the more brass-plated metal the better, right?

It's difficult to make out the fine print in this photo - you get this classy clutch for free with the purchase of three boxes of manila file folders.


Jazz

Jazz Mass, that is.

Oddly enough, this sign makes me want to go check it out. I've never actually been to mass, but I thought it was all in Latin with organs and such. I'm having a hard time picturing how Jazz (music? is there any other meaning for the word 'jazz' that I'm unaware of?) might spruce that up.

Hmm.


jj

No comments:

Post a Comment